Frequently Asked Questions

Check out answers to frequently asked questions listed below! 

How do I transfer my credits from Barton CC to another college?

Please visit the Transcripts webpage to request your official transcripts.

Transfer credits?

For questions regarding transfer credits please visit Transferability or you can reach out to an academic advisor at

Where do I find the deadlines for enrollment, drop and refund dates?

To view enrollment, drop, and refund dates by session, check out the Academic Calendar

If I drop my BARTonline course, will I receive a refund?

Student who drop an online course during the first seven calendar days of a course will receive a 100% refund. To view BARTonline’s refund policy, please view the Tuition Refund Policy.

What is BARTonline’s prerequisite policy?

BARTonline is obligated to verify prerequisite eligibility for all courses requiring a prerequisite. Prerequisite documentation is required for ALL students, regardless of their degree-seeking status with Barton. For more information regarding the policy and prerequisite deadlines, please view the Prerequisite Policy page.

Does my course require a prerequisite?

To view which courses require a prerequisite, please view the prerequisite list.

What are payment deadline dates?

Please visit Cost Per Credit Hour Information for information on payment information.

How do I pay for my BARTonline courses?

To view payment options available to you, please visit the Cost Per Credit Hour Information page.

How do I get my textbooks?

To determine what textbooks are required for your courses and to purchase them, please visit the BARTonline Bookstore hosted by eCampus. 

What is the tuition rate?

BARTonline charges $150 per semester credit hour except for MLTC (Medical Lab Technician) eCourses. MTLC courses require additional fees. This rate is the same for all students, regardless if you are a Kansas resident or not. The only other expense is the cost of textbooks and/or materials, which varies by course.

What is the non-attendance policy?

To view the non-attendance policy please visit Non-Activity/Non-Attendance Policy

How do I use my Financial Aid at Barton Community College?

If you have not yet submitted an application for Federal Financial aid, please do so at If you have already been awarded financial aid through Barton Community College, please email your questions to the Financial Aid office at  

How can I contact an academic advisor?

Academic advisors at Barton Community College are able to assist students in a variety of ways. To find out how they can help you, please visit the Academic Advising page or email

Placement testing?

To view information on the placement testing please visit the Placement Testing webpage.

Does BARTonline offer tutoring?

Barton Community College offers free online tutoring to BARTonline students through To inquire about a account, please email For information regarding tutoring services for our on-campus and military students, please visit the Tutoring Services webpage.

What services does Student Services offer?

Barton Community College’s Student Services department offers a variety of services to students to guide them through their college experience. Student Services can assist you with topics such as Admissions, Apply for Graduation, Disability Services and more. Visit the Student Services webpage page to find out how Barton can help you!

About us – accreditation?

Barton Community College is a regionally accredited college. For more information on Barton’s accreditation, please visit the Accreditation webpage.

I am affiliated with the military - who can I contact for assistance with my military related questions?

Barton Community College is proud to be a military friendly school and is happy assist you with questions regarding tuition assistance, Veteran’s Benefits, military evaluations, and more. Please visit the Military Options webpage for more information.

Where do I find information as a high school student?

Please visit Admissions Policy to view information on admissions for High School student. You can also visit Cost Per Credit Hour Information to find information on the Excel in CTE Initiative (SB 155) courses available for High School Students.